- 2000 Rotterdam School of Management, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Master of Business Administration
Finance - Exchange: Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines
- 1997 - (Part-time) Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 1992 University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (Honor Society Member)
Professional Electrical Engineering License (1998)
ETAP, AutoCAD, C++, Visual Basic, MatLAB, SQL and various other programming/software
Chartered Financial Analyst
10/12-present SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, Sigma Energy Solutions (Alstom), Melville, New York
4/00-12/00 SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, Stowe Engineering, Norwell, Massachusetts
4/98-8/98 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, Sargent and Lundy Engineering, Chicago, Illinois
4/97-4/98 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, FPS Engineering (Arcadis), Greensboro, North Carolina
2/93-4/97 ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, Stone and Webster Engineering (Chicago Bridge and Iron), Boston, Massachusetts
- Led teams of engineers in the design of electrical systems for biomass, fossil and nuclear power plants and water/wastewater, industrial and commercial facilities.
- As Lead Engineer at Sigma, completed projects on time and within 60% of budgeted man-hours.
- Wrote calculations for load flow, short circuit, coordination studies, arc flash, equipment sizing, control schematics, PLCs, lighting, fire alarm, SCADA, communications and controls.
- Created drawings and specifications for high/medium/low voltage systems, emergency generators, uninterruptible power supplies, instrumentation/control systems, communication systems, lighting, and fire alarm.
- Developed and maintained strong client relationships.
11/11-4/12 SENIOR EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST, Euro Pacific Capital, Westport, Connecticut
12/10-11/11 SENIOR EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST, Capstone Investments, New York, New York
8/06-6/10 SENIOR EQUITY ANALYST, Tokio Marine Asset Management, New York, New York
3/04-1/06 EQUITY ANALYST, Paradigm Capital Management, Albany, New York
5/02-10/03 ASSOCIATE EQUITY ANALYST, Prudential Securities, New York, New York
1/01-4/02 JUNIOR EQUITY ANALYST, Fidelity Investments, Boston, Massachusetts
- Developed investment franchise within my sector coverage for numerous industries.
- Wrote FirstCall research notes and consulted clients on my investment theses, describing their risk/reward characteristics.
- Built and maintained financial model of companies and economic industry models.
- Developed strong relationships with company management and clients.
- Developed Visual Basic and C++ multifactor quantitative models with principal component analysis to identify investment opportunities.
- Responsible for a $150m portfolio.
- Presented recommendations to portfolio manager and investment committee.
- Recommendations outperformed benchmark by 400bps annualized.